Friday, January 4, 2008

Branching out

I have been thinking about starting a shop on Etsy. I love to crochet and I got a beginner's knitting kit for Christmas but when it comes down to it, I can only make so many things for myself. I want some of the proceeds to go to International Justice Mission or another NGO that is fighting slavery. I have even thought of selling certain items with 100% going to IJM et al. I've started stockpiling some FO's. I really want to hold off on opening my store until I have a collection of items that really show who I am as a designer--mainly my lace work. I am working on a Solomon's knot scarf in vintage yarn. It is starting to look beautiful. I also made an ear flap cap with matching scarflet and a big pom beanie--pictures coming soon. One other aspect that I am considering for my shop is using yarn recycled from sweaters and eco-friendly yarns.

No comments: