Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008 Projects

Last Christmas, my mother-in-law bought me a book about knitting. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to pick up. I know sometimes if you start with one yarn craft, you can find the other one to be difficult. I'm blessed enough to find both within my abilities and have found that I might enjoy knitting just a bit more. It doesn't take me as long to complete projects and I can find more patterns that I like. I'm not forsaking crochet. In fact, I am working on an afghan for my little one on the way. However, I have been busy with knitting.

Heirloom Stockings:


My sister and her husband celebrated their first Christmas as a married couple. I decided to mark the occassion with a set of stockings. The pattern is from Holiday Knits by Allison Isaacs. My brother-in-law was super excited because it was his first stocking ever. I used Cascade Pastaza which had the perfect fuzziness and I learned how to do a kitchener stitch and a Turkish heel.

Fingerless Mitts & Mobius Cowl:



For my youngest sister, I made a pair of fingerless mitts and a mobius cowl in a grey mohair I picked up once at a going out of business sale. Only I find out that it is generally advised not to wear mohair close to the skin. She suggested she could wear gloves underneath the mitts to protect her skin from the itchiness. She was wearing black gloves and people kept commenting that it looked like ape hands.

Dragon Scale Mitts:



A friend requested that I make these fingerless mitts for her from the purlbee blog. They pattern was a lot of fun, though I did run into some problems with dropped stitches. I used Blue Sky Sport Alpaca which the pattern request and it is a nice yarn to work with. I liked them so much that I want to make a pair of mitts for me. Though, I will probably use a different pattern so my friend and I don't match.

I also finished a scarf with Malabrigo Aquarella in Solis. Pictures coming soon. I love how it looks with my coat. I should have plenty of baby projects to post here in the near future. I think I queued too many baby projects on Ravelry.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

I've never really attempted to learn knitting as my mum is an addict so anytime I want something, I ask her to make it.