Monday, February 26, 2007

Crocheting Hiatus

Since it has been awhile since I have been able to crochet (being the overworked grad student that I am), I decided to update this blog with the small bits of crochet love that I have been able to pursue. Yesterday, we went to Barnes and Noble to hang out and I thumbed through the latest edition of Family Circle's Easy Crochet. There were a few patterns that I was interested in and I almost bought it. Then I reminded myself of the other patterns that I already own that I want to get through when ever I can find some time. There was a very nice special advertisement from Bernat with project for the home. I definitely downloaded the ones for making boxes. I love using boxes to stash the clutter around my home and these crochet ones are very attractive. There was also an ad for a very chic Princess Shrug that I have plans to start.

Aside from perusing magazines, someone at my church started probing for any interest in people crochet squares to make afghans for the homeless. I emailed her letting her know to count me in. I would really like to start using my talent for something more than myself...as much as I enjoy all the little sweaters that I make.

No comments: